Who Are The Happy Producers?
Hi! It's so lovely to meet you.
My name is Virginie -it's pronounced Veer-jee-nee. My partner is LP, and together we are The Happy Producers.
Welcome to our blog!
We are two happy-minded film and television animation producers that live in Quebec, Canada. We put our twenty years of experience to the service of the animation industry by transforming some of the biggest production challenges we faced throughout the years into tools and processes that optimize productivity and happiness.
If you are here, you are probably a little bit like us! We created this blog just for you to share tools and tips and help the community connect. We want you to know we see you, and you belong. Our goal is to help you feel more empowered at work while reducing stress for you, your team, and your clients.
So here is a bit about us. We first got started as producers in the animation industry over 15 years ago. It’s been a fantastic journey, and we have had the pleasure to produce content for AAA films, series, and video games with clients such as Disney, Netflix, HBO, Ubisoft, Activision, and many more. Although we are a real-life couple, we first met at work in an animation studio. When I first met LP, I thought he was the most relaxed and least stressed producer I had ever met, which made me want to work with him instantly (and learn all his tricks as well!).
Between the two of us, we have delivered over 50 000 shots on time, under budget to more than a dozen happy clients with happy teams. In addition, we have tried and tested our production strategies, processes, and tools on big and small teams on feature films, short films, mini-series, TV series, and video games.
Our outstanding results throughout the years inspired us to share some of our best tips, tricks, and insights on this blog.
We are also launching a Podcast in January 2022, and we can’t wait! We will be sharing conversations with industry leaders about creating and preserving happiness in animation productions.
Our guests share real-life insights, tips, and strategies rooted in their personal experiences in the animation industry. But, of course, nothing is off-limits, and we talk about it all: the good, the bad, and the happy!
Five things about Virginie:
- I produced live-action independent films in my earlier career.
- I have been lucky to travel to festivals worldwide with my films – the Cannes Film Festival is my favorite!
- Finally, gratitude is my number 1 Super Power, and I practice it every day.
- My favorite place in the world in Hawai’i
- My dream is to help people in my industry skill up and avoid toxicity at work.
Five things about LP:
- He first started in the industry as a Storyboard artist and loved to draw.
- His happy-minded, solution-driven, and human-centric approach got him noticed, and he never actually applied to his first management position.
- He is a marathonian.
- He is a fantastic active listener.
- He is a very creative chef!
The Happy Producers